Superstars Logo
Welcome to the official website of
Superstars Cricket Club
Home Page
News Archive
Fixtures & Results
Tour
Social
Profiles
Stats
Photo Gallery
History
Official
Blogs
Contact Us
Superstars Logo
Popular Links
Current Fixtures/Results
Last Season's Results
Current Tour
Current Awards Night Report
Current Annual Stats
Ken Block Trophy
2016 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Time and Place
Friday 21 October 2016, 5.30pm, Room 3/25, Great Minster House, London.
Attendees
James Nicholls*, Barry Gigg, Richard Abigail, Jason Marchant, Mike Kamellard, Mark Anderson, Paul Gaught, Richard Smith*, Vijay Anand, Chris Mountain, Adam Spencer, Dan Forman.
Apologies
Jamie Ratcliff, Alok Singh, Mike Taylor, Merv Aranha, Ian Moxon, Gary Plahe, Roy Varghese, Will Walker, Konrad Chodzko-Zajko, Matthew Conway, Harish Kumar, Steve Meyler, Mike Duggan, Simon Gundry, Harish Kumar.
Minutes of the last meeting
These were agreed. It was noted that the online version had the wrong date.
Matters arising
There were no matters arising.
Chairman's Report
Chairman, Will Walker, was unable to attend. In his absence Paul Gaught gave the Chairman's report. He reported that Superstars had once again had a winning season, with some players reaching notable milestones. These milestones would be recognised at the end of season celebrations which would take place in the New Year. He thanked everyone for their hard work on keeping the club buoyant and maintaining a friendly but challenging fixture line up. Particular thanks went out to Izzy for her awesome cakes and to Steve Meyler just for his entertainment value. He was pleased to see that the club held a legends game against Dodgers with many ex members turning up, including Phil Patten and Yogesh Patel. He noted that Phil Patten's bowling was once again spot on, it was as if he hadn't been away. He wished Gary P all the best in getting over his illness (those present heartily agreed). He hoped that many of the club members would be present at the nets sessions whose dates would be released in the very near future.
Treasurer's Report
The accounts had been audited. The Treasurer went through the details of income and expenditure and the forthcoming SPARTA bid. All players were reminded that if they were in DfT or DCLG then they should join Sparta at a cost of £2 a month. It was noted that the income was not as high as expected due to 12 cancelled matches during the season. The accounts and bid were approved by Members.
Election of Officers
No nominations had been received. Will Walker was nominated and re-elected as the chairman. The following appointments were agreed unanimously along with the addition of two new members to the committee, Mike Kamellard and Mark Anderson. Vijay Anand was elected to take over as fixture secretary from Paul Gaught as PG had stood down from this role (Proposed: Adam Spencer, seconded: Paul Gaught). PG was thanked by those present for his work as fixture secretary. Elected officers are as follows:-
ChairmanWill Walker
SecretaryJason Marchant
TreasurerBarry Gigg
Fixture SecretaryVijay Anand
Committee MembersMike Taylor, Chris Mountain, Mark Williams, Paul Gaught, Matt Conway, Michael Duggan, Gary Plahe, Adam Spencer, Simon Gundry, Ian Moxon, Steve Meyler, Richard Smith, Dan Forman.
CaptainBarry Gigg
Vice CaptainAs and when required
AuditorRichard Abigail
Action: Paul Gaught to email Mark Williams to see if he was still content to be a committee member.
Motions
No motions were received.
Arrangements for 2017 Season
There was concern that the Abbey Recreation ground staff were not turning up on time to open the facilities. This had caused some problems such as stumps not being available. Some club members were having to bring excess club kit to the venue for each match. It was suggested that some kit could be left in the lockers at Abbey Rec. Action: Paul Gaught to email Abbey Rec to see if this was possible and to check the number of credits from cancelled games last season.
Action: Paul Gaught to email Abbey Rec to see if this was possible and to check the number of credits from cancelled games last season.
Although there were problems with hosting matches at Abbey Rec it was agreed to keep this as our home ground but also to investigate the chance of tagging on a couple of games at Chiswick throughout the season with one of the clubs using that ground, such as Dodgers.
Those present thanked Paul Gaught for his work on the excellent Superstars website.[Ed - considered putting this in bold font size 200]
Arrangements for the tour had not started but Ian Moxon had suggested (via email) another tour to Cambridgeshire. It was suggested that Ian should liaise with George to see if this was possible. It was also suggested that the tour should if possible have two different fixtures with two fixtures the same as last time. Jesus College was suggested as one of the fixtures to keep. It was suggested that the 2018 tour could be to Wales. The Committee was grateful for the ongoing work into arranging the tour. The tour is a long-standing club tradition and players are encouraged to come along to what has always proved a very enjoyable weekend.
Action: Ian Moxon to liaise with George regarding holding the tour in Cambridgeshire again. Steve Meyler to investigate the possibility of holding the 2018 tour in Wales.
Due to the early date for the AGM no fixtures for next season had been arranged as yet.
Those present thanked Paul Gaught for his work on the excellent Superstars website. (sic)
Any Other Business
Recruitment posters needed to be added to Intranet sites and a proactive approach at HR induction days were suggested as ways of recruiting more players. Posters needed to highlight the nets when they were put up in the near future in Departments.
Action: Jason Marchant to email a copy of the poster to Dan Forman.
Jamie Ratcliff announced by email that a new academy player had arrived, Michael Edward Ratcliff, and that he had attended his first match this year. Everyone sent their congratulations.
Adam Spencer expressed his disappointment at the standard of scoring in the club scorebook. He said that this was making it difficult to produce accurate stats. He asked that everyone developed their skills as a scorer for the next season. PG suggested adding a link to a scoring tuition website on the Superstars website.
Action: Paul Gaught to add link to a scoring website on the Superstars website. Adam Spencer agreed to write some basic instructions for scorers to follow.
Dan Forman asked if new shirts and caps could be purchased this season. Barry Gigg agreed to take this on. Mike Kamellard suggested a supplier to BG. BG asked that he be supplied with a copy of the club shirt and cap badge.
Action: Paul along with Barry and Jason agreed to review the e mail list to ensure that it was up to date and wasnít missing anyone.
Action: Barry Gigg to make arrangements for new club shirts and caps to be purchased. Caps that donít itch please.
The club end of season social was to be arranged for the New Year (end of January). The Jugged Hare was suggested as the location.
Action: Paul Gaught to email the Jugged Hare to investigate the booking possibilities and email "core" players to narrow down on a date.
There being no other business the meeting closed at 6.58pm. (5 minutes earlier than last year!)
Jason Marchant, Secretary.
*James Nicolls and Richard Smith attended at differing locations. JR in the reception area and RS in the pub!!!!
comments powered by Disqus
Related Links
2016 Season Report
2016 Results
2016 Stats
2016 Cambridge Tour Report
2016 Awards Night Report
2016 Ken Block Trophy
Superstars on TMS
2016 History
AGMs from other years
2015 AGM
2014 AGM
2014 AGM
2013 AGM
2012 AGM
2011 AGM
2010 AGM
2009 AGM
2008 AGM
2007 AGM
2006 AGM
2005 AGM
2004 AGM
2003 AGM
2002 AGM
2001 AGM
2000 AGM
1999 AGM
1998 AGM
1997 AGM